Parents, Teachers and Friends Association (PTFA)
The PTFA was formed in December 1995 and consists of Malcolm Sargent parents, carers, teachers and friends who work together to support the school. As a registered charity, the PTFA raises funds to buy equipment and provide the tools which are beyond the reach of the school’s budget, to enrich the experience of pupils.
A wide variety of events are organised by the PTFA including the annual Summer and Christmas Fayres, Discos, Lolly Friday, Christmas Treats, to name just a few. We try to arrange events in which all generations of the pupil’s family can enjoy and participate. The members and other parent helpers are also involved in the sale of secondhand school uniform and the organisation of refreshments at the Sports Days. The association is also enrolled on a number of sites such as the SKDC Lottery, Amazon Smile, Stamptastic and The Giving Machine to generate funds for the school.
The PTFA usually raise around £10k per year for the school although over the last couple of years that has been more challenging and slightly less was raised. However, we hope this will improve back to the figures we have seen previously, in the next year or so.
Some of the many projects funded are:
- Professional sound and lighting equipment for the studio
- Extra books and resources for the library
- Visualisers for every classroom
- Trim trail for the school field
- 40 new activity and information boards for the playground walls
- Increased range of lunchtime activities for the children
- £1,000 to the Foundation classes to develop a designated sensory equipment area
- IPads and Apple TVs for class teachers and teaching assistants, which provide evidence of achievement of the children in that phase. Parents of certain younger year groups are also able to view this evidence online, through a secure website.
- Improving the playgrounds with wooden planters and seating
- Electronic keyboards for the music department
- Enriching the curriculum by funding trips, the life bus, a planetarium, pantomimes, historical themed days and other such activities for the children to learn from and enjoy
We look forward to welcoming you to the PTFA; parents/carers are automatically members but if you would like to learn more and would like to be more involved please feel free to contact us on email@example.com or pop along to our meetings. Please support your PTFA by joining the committee, contributing new fundraising ideas, or helping out at an event; together we make a better school.
Jenny Gois, Chairperson, PTF